STANDARD FIRST AID/CPR & AED
In this two-day course, students will learn to recognize and provide interventions for life-threatening emergencies until medical aid arrives. This course gives participants a hands-on approach to learning new lifesaving skills. The Standard First Aid course is geared towards educating citizens about the prevention of emergencies and how to react to an emergency should one arise.
STANDARD FIRST AID WITH CPR & AED
In this two-day course, students will learn to recognize what is an emergency and how to respond. With practical hands on instructor lead training to ensure candidates feel prepared in an emergency.
• What is the Role of a First aider
• Preparing to Respond to an Emergency
• The Emergency Medical Services System Scene Management
• Good Samaritan Act
• Airway and Breathing Emergencies
• Cardiovascular Emergencies
• CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)
• AED training
• Head and Spinal
• How to Conduct a Secondary Survey
• Soft Tissue Injuries- Bruises, Abrasion, Cuts and Burns
• Fractures and Dislocations- Splinting and Immobilizing
• Sudden Medical Conditions- Seizures, Diabetic Emergency, Hot and Cold Emergencies and Poisons
This course is approved is WSIB and comes with a 3 year Certification card and manual. The certification is valid for three (3) years from the date of course.