Advanced Babysitting with Emergency First Aid and CPR • Ages 13+
**BEFORE YOU REGISTER, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR CHILD IS THE AGE REQUIRED THE DAY OF THE COURSE**
***IN CLASS & VIRTUAL COURSES AVAILABLE***
We are excited to announce our next level of the Babysitting Course… “Advanced Babysitting” Training. Many parents who are looking for a babysitter for longer time durations and are more experienced are wanting older teens to babysit, such as high school and even college/university level, however they still want them to be trained.
Our Advanced Babysitting course is aimed at older teens who are looking to babysit. This course also includes an Emergency First Aid and CPR/AED training certificate which can be used for a school or employment requirement.
- Longer duration babysitting with excursions for the kids
- Training for possible over night babysitting (Age recommended for over night babysitting is 16 and up)
- How to resuscitate a child
- How to babysit a child with Special needs
- Emergency First Aid and Adult, Child and Infant CPR/AED
- Head and Spinal Care
- Emergency Scene Management
- Excursion Safety- How to plan and prepare for them
- How to properly use a fire extinguisher
- How to care for seizures
- How to administer medications that the children may need
- Splinting a broken bone
- How to apply a Tourniquet
- Administering an Asthma Inhaler
- Proper use of an EPI
- How to administer Naloxone
- How to babysit a larger group of kids
Those interested in joining via Zoom Meeting, you will need a device such as a smart phone, iPad/tablet or desktop/laptop that supports Zoom Meeting Technology (preferably with audio/video capability and high-speed internet). There is no fee to use the Zoom Meeting service. You will simply need to download the Zoom app ahead of time.
We ask that the students taking the course be in a room where they are not distracted from pets, other siblings or other family members. Once you have helped your child get set up on Zoom, we ask that you are not in the room with them as we teach our courses in an interactive manner and we find that they don’t participate with others in the room.
We can assure you that this is an easy process and we will be keeping the course interactive; even virtually.
- Students will require some sort of a doll or teddy bear for the CPR portion of the course.
- Upon completion, students will receive a digital copy of the Babysitting and First Aid/CPR Training Manual along with a downloadable certificate.
The course is $ 65.00 + HST per participant.
For additional information, contact the office at email@example.com
OFFSITE COURSES AVAILABLE