Maintaining a safe workplace is a legal requirement for most employers, it is also important to ensure your company is complaint under OHSA regulations. Employers are responsible for ensuring a safe workplace however, many Small Businesses don’t always have the resources for a full-time health and safety consultant. We have provided our Health and Safety Consultant services in the construction sector, mining sector, industrial sector, OPG, Bruce Power and health care sector.
Our Health and Safety Consultant Services Include:
- – Collaboratively work with site leadership to develop and facilitate an overall proactive safety culture on work sites. Act as a resource to field personnel to provide coaching, mentoring, and advice on all HSE related matters.
- – Ensure that hazards associated with the work site are identified, documented, and controlled.
- – Ensure all incidents on the worksite are reported, audits are conducted, Field Risk Assessments are completed, investigated and documented in accordance with client requirements, and corrective action plans are implemented.
- – Develop companies’ health and safety policies and procedures, including COVID policies and practices, educate and train all staff on their new Health and Safety Program.
- – Develop and maintain an HSE Communication Safety Board to ensure required documentation is readily available for review and regularly updated.
- – Ensure that safety equipment and required personal protective equipment is in place as required, and any equipment with deficiencies is removed from service and repaired or replaced.
- – Maintain detailed corrective action logs and ensure deficiencies are followed up on in a timely manner with the assistance of site supervision.
- – Assist Leadership in toolbox and weekly safety meetings and assists action items brought up in the HSE meetings as required.
- – Ensure client safe work practices, policies, and procedures are reviewed regularly through toolbox and shift safety meetings.
- – Review field level hazard assessments, audits, hazard identification, observation, and inspection forms daily to ensure completion and accuracy.
- – Liaise between client and crew to discuss HSE concerns.