TEEN BEYOND THE HURT • Ages 13yrs+
**BEFORE YOU REGISTER, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR CHILD IS THE AGE REQUIRED THE DAY OF THE COURSE**
Instructor-Led Virtual classes in a virtual hands-on, fun learning environment!!!
Teen Wellness, Anxiety, Stress & Coping Safety Workshops… It’s time to help ease their minds!!! Featuring the Canadian Red Cross – Beyond the Hurt Program. These are very challenging and difficult times for many people, including our “teens”, this workshop will guide them to learn to handle their anxiety and emotions while also dealing with everyday real life events and feelings.
We are proud to be a Training Partner with the Canadian Red Cross to add their Beyond the Hurt- Respect Ed programs to our teen training workshops. Every day Teens are part of a vulnerable population. They are in a period of their lives that is crucial for their mental health and social development. Canadian youth spend more time in school than anywhere else outside the home. Addressing the needs for teens anxiety, coping, wellness and their safety is tough for any family. Every parent wants their children to be healthy, whole and happy, and don’t often know that Anxiety is one of the biggest mental health issues facing Canadian teens.
Our program uses a variety of interactive methods to help promote dialogue among students, as well as with their instructors. Discussing teen anxiety, coping, wellness and safety in a supportive environment enables teens to feel safe, ask questions, gain knowledge, combat stigma and develop their own strategies to be safe in this world.
- How to quiet your mind- mindfulness and meditation
- How to deal with family and school Stress, Anxiety, Depression, disruptive behavior disorders (including AD/HD Attention deficit/Hyperactivity)
- Eating disorders
- Self Compassion vs Self Esteem
- Building Interpersonal Skills Conflict Resolution
- Why am I sometimes sad- Choosing my moods,
- Red Cross Creating a Safety Plan for both in and out of the home- when out with friends or by myself and tips on how to get out of situations safely
- Red Cross Pressures from inside and outside the home, at school, with friends.
- Managing your emotional reactions and how to increase positive emotions
- Protecting Your Online Identity- Safety tips for using Social Media- Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook
- Healthy Relationships- Promoting Healthy Peer Relationships
- Communication & Conflict Resolution
- Human Rights and Diversity
- Substances that can harm you ( drugs and alcohol)
- Dealing with a bully- How to get them to stop when I can’t take it anymore
- Harassment and Discrimination
- Sexual Harassment
- Impact and Intervention
- Peer pressure with Drugs and Alcohol
- Self harm and Suicide – Where to turn to when you need help
- What is the Kids Help Line and how do I use it
Cost is $65.00+HST per participant.
Includes a Training Course Completion Certificate and a Work Booklet.
For more information, please contact us at 705-586-7587 or firstname.lastname@example.org