YOUTH/TWEEN BEYOND THE HURT • Ages 7 to 12
Youth/Tween Keeping Me Safe… Wellness, Anxiety, Stress, Coping, Beyond the Hurt Safety Workshop is a unique safety program designed for our youth’s personal safety and over all wellness.
Courses are offered two ways:
1. Instructor Led Small In-Class Courses…. We are again offering our classes in small class sizes with participants each having their own work station to work at.
2. Instructor Led Virtual Zoom training session…. Our Instructor Led Virtual classes do not require the kids to do any work on their own, our courses are instructor led with the kids getting to learn and participate in their own homes, but our courses are not your typical on line learning. We know that not all kids like to do online learning, so we have structured ours to be as if they were in the class room together.
This has been a very trying time for everyone, especially kids. This program is aimed at helping them ease anxiety, learn to control their emotions and how to ask for help when needed.
How to be safe in public and how to adapt to our “new norm”.
We are proud to be partnering with the Canadian Red Cross to add their Beyond the Hurt- Respect Ed programs to our youth training workshops. Addressing the needs for kids’ anxiety, coping, wellness and their safety is tough for any family. Every parent wants their children to be healthy, whole and happy, and don’t often know that Anxiety is one of the biggest mental health issues facing Canadian youths.
For the Zoom Virtual session, students will need high speed internet, a laptop, or ipad to log into the course and a quiet area of the home in which there are no distractions.
This course will give youths the chance to learn new life skills that will empower them to make safe, caring and respectful decisions in their everyday lives, on and off line. They will learn how to calm themselves when anxiety arises while also knowing where to go to when help is needed. We use the most common teaching strategies such as current technology, role playing, games and even video to educate the kids and keep them engaged in an interactive and fun learning style. This 4-hour course includes different teaching strategies.
- How to quiet your mind- mindfulness and meditation,
- Stress, Anxiety, Depression, disruptive behavior disorders (including AD/HD Attention deficit/Hyperactivity)
- When medication affects eating, eating disorders
- Building Interpersonal Skills Conflict Resolution
- Creating a Safety Plan for both in and out of the home- at a friend’s house, at your house at a party
- How to deal with issues at home and at school
- Managing your emotional reactions, – learn how to calm yourself down
- How to recognize anxiety triggers and how to react to them
- Peer pressure
- Safe strangers and strangers to avoid
- My Right as a Child to be safe and where to get help if I need it
- Unsure people/inappropriate adult behaviours
- Red Cross Healthy Relationships- Promoting Healthy Peer Relationships
- Red Cross Communication & Conflict Resolution
- Red Cross Human Rights and Diversity
- Red Cross Dealing with a bully- How to get them to stop when I can’t take it anymore
- Red Cross Harassment and Discrimination
- Red Cross Impact and Intervention
- Red Cross Cyberbullying on Line Safety- Safety Tips for Social Media Accounts- Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook
- Building a strong character with Respect, Manners and Kindness
- Injury Prevention and Basic First Aid
- What is a 9-1-1 Emergency and what is not
- What is the Kids Help Line and how do I use it
Course Cost • $60.00+HST, and includes a Training Course completion Certificate and a Digital work booklet.
To register, please go to our website at www.safetytrainingplus.ca