In-Class and Virtual Babysitting & Sibling Care with First Aid and CPR • Ages 10+
The Babysitting Course & Sibling Care with First Aid and Infant and Child CPR: AGES 10 and up…
🔷🔷🔷The Revamped and Revised Babysitting Course now places a stronger emphasis on First Aid skills. The Babysitting Program will prepare you to be a fantastic babysitter! Our goal is to instill in you the confidence and abilities you need to keep children safe, make good decisions, keep the kids happy, and healthy while in your care. The Babysitting training includes everything from dealing with challenging situations to leadership and professional conduct as a babysitter. Babysitting has the potential to increase and deepen the sense of responsibility that older kids have when caring for smaller youngsters.
🔺🔺🔺Sibling Care: This course also covers the important step when a child starts to babysit or help look after a younger sibling, to help out mom and dad. We teach the kids how to get along with their sibling, how to keep them safe, and how to use these new skills. Having an older child babysit a younger sibling saves on daycare costs for parents, teaches the kids about responsibility and working together.
The skills and ability to be a successful Babysitter:
The qualities of a great babysitter:
- Preparing for any babysitting job
- How to build a Babysitting Business – How to safely advertise yourself as a babysitter
- How to interview for a babysitting job
- How to decide if you should accept the babysitting job or not
Understanding the Needs of Children and the Parents:
- Babysitting multiple children
- How to handle children’s behaviours
- How to babysit babies, toddlers and youth and what to expect from each age group
- How to chose age-appropriate activities
- How to be attentive to each child’s needs
- How to talk to both the kids and the parents
How to Care for Children:
- The importance of following rules and routines ie.. bedtime, screen time
- Skill for safely feeding, toileting, bathing and entertaining children
- Sibling rivalry- How to babysit a Sibling
- Kitchen safety and meal prep
- How to engage the kids in mind stimulating play and activities
- How to communicate with children and resolve conflict
- What happens when you or one of the children gets sick while babysitting
- Kitchen Safety and Meal and Snack prep
How to Stay Safe on the Job:
- Learn how to spot dangers around the house
- How to spot different dangers around the house
- What to do when strangers come to the door
- Pool and trampoline safety- Rules for when they are allowed to be used
- Road and traffic safety – Rules for their bikes
- Park Safety – How to handle if someone approaches the kids
How to Handling Emergencies:
- Steps for deciding what is an actual emergency
- When and how to make a 911 call- what to tell 911 dispatcher
- House Safety: What do to if in the event of a power outage, a strong storm, a fire in the home, a gas leak, a toilet over flowing.
- How to keep the kids safe on line- how to deal with a cyber bully
- How to deal with an aggressive stranger towards you and the kids
Basic First Aid:
- First aid for minor and more severe bleeding
- First aid for allergies and using an EpiPen
- How to treat bee and insect bites
- What to do for seizures, asthma and diabetes
- What to do when a child is choking, or if you start to choke
- First Aid for a broken bone
- First aid for scraps, bruises or bumps
- First Aid for a nose bleed
- How to treat a variety of different injuries with basic first aid
- Introduction to CPR for babies and children
🔺🔺🔺Two Course Options:
Option 1: Small In-Class: We are starting up our in class courses again while following stringent COVID policies and regular sanitizing of all high touch areas and training equipment.
Option 2: Interactive Virtual Training: Using Zoom technology we are continuing to offer the course virtually.
Available in French & English
**BEFORE YOU REGISTER, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR CHILD IS THE AGE REQUIRED THE DAY OF THE COURSE**
We can assure you that this is an easy process and we will be keeping the course interactive; even virtually.
- Students will require some sort of a doll or teddy bear for the CPR portion of the course for the Zoom Virtual Class. We will provide the kids a doll for the In-Class Courses
- Students will receive a Babysitting Certification Card and Babysitting Work booklet (which will be emailed after the course).
The course is $ 60.00 + HST per participant.
For additional information, contact the office at email@example.com