Home Alone with First Aid • Ages 9+
The Revamped and Revised Home Alone Course now places a stronger emphasis on First Aid skills. This updated curriculum, also provides improved learning when it comes to giving Kids the knowledge, the skills and the confidence on how to be Home Alone and to know what to do in the event of an emergency.
Courses are being offered through small in-class options or Interactive Virtual Training!!!
The Home Alone First Aid Safety Course prepares our youth to be safe and make good decisions, even if its for 15 mins alone to longer, our course has your child covered!!!
What to do when Home Alone:
- This includes learning to safely participate in activities that do not always include technology, such as things they can to do promote their physical, social and mental wellness while home alone.
- How to stop from being bored while home alone while keeping yourself safe
- How to discuss with your parents how you are feeling about being Home Alone.
How to prepare Healthy Snacks and Meals:
- This includes learning how to makes healthy food choices while ensuring that they are safe in the kitchen.
Being Safe and Responsible:
- This includes learning how to make their environment safe
- How to deal with Known and Stranger Danger
- How to respond to phone calls and unexpected visitors or friends who stop by
- What to do if someone is lurking around the house
- Key safety
- What to do if they get locked out
- What to do when they get home from school or have to get themselves to school on their own in the morning by establishing a safe plan.
How to Respond to Emergencies:
- This includes how to call 9-1-1 and what information to give to them
- What do to if in the event of a power outage, a strong storm
- A fire at home
- A gas leak in the house
- A toilet over flowing.
Learning to Identify Hazardous Products at Home:
This includes learning the hazardous product symbols, and the proper handling and storage of hazardous products to help prevent injuries.
How to do First Aid:
- This includes learning to perform first aid for choking on yourself
- Asthma- What to do if you have an asthma attack
- Severe allergic reactions
- Seizures- How to care for yourself after a seizure
- Bee Stings
- Insect Bites
- Cuts and scrapes and a nose bleed
- Bumps, Scraps and a broken bone
How to stay Safe Online:
- This includes internet safety, and how to deal with Cyberbullying
🔺🔺🔺Have your child trained to stay HOME ALONE with CONFIDENCE and in the comfort of our Training Room with Stringent Safety Precautions taken or in their own home….
In-Class Option: Students will be required to wear a mask into the class, but it can be removed depending on the class size. All work stations and equipment are sanitized before, during and after each class.
Virtual Interactive option: Course is done through Zoom Meeting, you will need a device such as a smart phone, iPad/tablet or desktop/laptop that supports Zoom Meeting Technology (preferably with audio/video capability and high-speed internet). There is no fee to use the Zoom Meeting service. You will simply need to download the Zoom app ahead of time.
We ask that the students taking the course be in a room where they are not distracted from pets, other siblings or parents. Once you have helped your child get set up on Zoom, we ask that parents are not in the room with the kids as we teach our courses in an interactive manner and if other kids see parents there, we find that they don’t participate.
We can assure you that this is an easy process and we will be keeping the course interactive even virtually.
Cost is $ 50.00 +HST per participant.
In class includes a student manual and training certificate, Virtual classes include a digital copy of the Home Alone and First Aid Training Manual along with a downloadable certificate upon completion.
For additional information, contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 705-586-7587