Home Alone with First Aid • Ages 9+
The Revamped and Revised Home Alone Course now places a stronger emphasis on First Aid skills. This updated curriculum, also provides improved learning when it comes to giving Kids the knowledge, the skills and the confidence on how to be Home Alone and to know what to do in the event of an emergency.
Courses are being offered through in-class options !!!
The Home Alone First Aid Safety Course prepares our youth to be safe and make good decisions, even if its for 15 mins alone to longer, our course has your child covered!!!
What to do when Home Alone:
- This includes learning to safely participate in activities that do not always include technology, such as things they can to do promote their physical, social and mental wellness while home alone.
- How to stop from being bored while home alone while keeping yourself safe
- How to discuss with your parents how you are feeling about being Home Alone.
How to prepare Healthy Snacks and Meals:
- This includes learning how to makes healthy food choices while ensuring that they are safe in the kitchen.
Being Safe and Responsible:
- This includes learning how to make their environment safe
- How to deal with Known and Stranger Danger
- How to respond to phone calls and unexpected visitors or friends who stop by
- What to do if someone is lurking around the house
- Key safety
- What to do if they get locked out
- What to do when they get home from school or have to get themselves to school on their own in the morning by establishing a safe plan.
How to Respond to Emergencies:
- This includes how to call 9-1-1 and what information to give to them
- What do to if in the event of a power outage, a strong storm
- A fire at home
- A gas leak in the house
- A toilet over flowing.
Learning to Identify Hazardous Products at Home:
This includes learning the hazardous product symbols, and the proper handling and storage of hazardous products to help prevent injuries.
How to do First Aid:
- This includes learning to perform first aid for choking on yourself
- Asthma- What to do if you have an asthma attack
- Severe allergic reactions
- Seizures- How to care for yourself after a seizure
- Bee Stings
- Insect Bites
- Cuts and scrapes and a nose bleed
- Bumps, Scraps and a broken bone
How to stay Safe Online:
- This includes internet safety, and how to deal with Cyberbullying
Cost is $ 55.00 +HST per participant.
In class includes a student manual and training certificate
For additional information, contact the office at email@example.com or 705-618-2533